Apollonia Pontica. Contribution to the study of the coin minting of the city 6th—1st century B.C.
(Part I & II)
Author: Stavri Topalov. Language: Bulgarian — English (bilingual)
Table of contents
Historical Information Related to Apollonia Pontica. Introduction to the Coinage Study of the Town
1. Short Historical Information Related to Apollonia Pontica in the Period from the 7th Century B. C. to the 1st Century B.C.
2. Review of the Studies Related to Apollonia Pontica Coinage
3. Periods of Coinage of the Western Pontic Towns in the Period of 7th—1st Centuries B.C. Periods of Coinage of Apollonia Pontica
4. Beginning of Bronze Coinage, Denominations, Denomination Names and Theoretical Weights of the Bronze Coins of the Western Pontic Towns in the Period of 4th—1st Centuries B.C.
5. Short Review of the Used and Hypothetically Used Object-like Mediums of Exchange from Ancient Thrace from the First Millenium B.C. Related to the Beginning of Making Arrow-head Coins Apollonia Pontica
6. Cast Arrow-head coins of Apollonia Pontica (7th—5th c. B.C.)
7. Studies Published After 1991/1993 and Related to the Object-like Mediums of Exchange and to Arrow-head Coins Used in the Region of the Western Pontic Coast
7.1. Two-sided Arrow Heads Coins with an Additional Symbol Representing a Wheel with Four Spokes
7.2. One-sided Arrow Heads Coins with an Additional Symbol Image of a Fish in Profile on the Flat Side
7.3. One-sided Cast Arrows Heads Coins of Appolonia Pontika of a denomination Twice Higher that the Arrow Heads Coins Known up to Now
7.4. Thracian Imitations of Bronze Arrow Heads Coins
Images and Inscriptions on the Coins of Apollonia Pontica, 6th—1st Centuries B.C.
Monetary Systems Used in Apollonia Pontica Coinage
Coinage of Apollonia Pontica, 6th—1st Centuries B.C. Chronology, Types, Denominations
1. Archaic Period of Apollonia Coinage (700—480/478 B.C.)
1.1. First Stage (700—550 B.C.)
1.2. Second Stage (550-480/478 B.C.)
2. Did Some of the Large Ports of Apollonia Pontica Mint their Own Types of Coins?
3. The Classical Period of Apollonia Coinage (480/478—341/323 B.C.)
3.1. First Stage (480/478—424 B.C.). Intermission of Coinage (424—410/404 B.C.)
3.2. Second Stage (410/404—341/323 B.C.)
4. Hellenistic Period of Apollonia Coinage (323—31 B.C.)
4.1. Intermission of Coinage (341/323—281 B.C.). First Stage (281—196/188 B.C.)
4.2. Second Stage (196/188—115/105 B.C.)
4.3. Third Stage (115/105—72/71 B.C.). Intermission of Coinage (72/71—42 B.C.)
4.4. Fourth Stage (From About 42 B.C. do the End of the First Century B.C. and Probably to the Beginning of the First Century A.D.)
Catalogue of Apollonia Coins, 7th—1st c. B. C.
Short Information Related to Apollonia Coinage During the Roman Period Epoch
Catalogue of Apollonia Coins of the Roman Period
Summaries and Brief Texts of the Different Sections
List of Ancient Authors and Literature Used
A Short Text Representing and Modern Town of Sozopol, Situated on Part of the Territory of the Ancient Polis of Apollonia Pontica
Аполония Понтика. Приноси към проучване монетосеченето на града VI-I в. пр. н. е.
|Illustrations||b/w figures, maps|
|Size||14 х 22 cm|