Odessos: Contribution to the study of the coin minting of the city (4th—1st c. B.C.)
Author: Stavri Topalov. Language: Bulgarian with an extented summary in English
Table of contents
1. Historical information about Odessos in the period 7th—1st c. B. C.
2. Review of the studies connected with the coinage of Odessos
3. Periodization of the coinage of the West Pontic cities 7th—1st c. B. C. Periodization of the coinage of Odessos
4. Emergence of bronze coinage, denominations, names of the denominations and theoretical weights of the bronze coins of the West Pontic cities 4th—1st c. B. C.
5. Images, symbols, inscriptions and monograms on the coins of Odessos 4th—1st c. B. C.
6. Monetary circulation in the territory of Odessos in the 6th—5th c. B. C.
Coinage of Odessos, 4th—1st c. B. C. Chronology, types, denominations
1. Classical period in the coinage of Odessos (480/478—341/323 B. C.)
2. Hellenistic period of the Odessos coinage (341/323—31 B. C.)
2.1. Interruption of the coinage (341/323—281 B. C.). First stage (281—196/188 B. C.)
2.2. Second stage (196/188—115/105 B. C.)
2.3. The countermarking of coins of the Western Pointic cities by the deputies of Mithridates VI in the area of the West Pontic coast
2.4. Third stage (115/105—72/71 B. C.)
2.5. Fourth stage (ca. 63 B. C. — end of the Ist c. B. C.)
3. Non-existent coins of Odessos described in studies so far
Catalogue of the coins of Odessos (4th—1st c. B. C.) (in Bulgarian and in Enligsh)
Summaries in English
Index of names of geographic places, persons and objects
Одесос. Приноси към проучване монетосеченето на града IV–I в. пр. н. е.
|Language||Bulgarian with an extented summary in English|
|Size||14 х 22 cm|